Setup Brother MFC-J5945DW
How To Setup Brother MFC-J5945DW Printer Hardware For The First Time?Brother Support
Brother MFC-J5945DW Unbox Steps
- After you take out the printer from the carton, secure the components that are received along with the printer.
- Remove and discard all the packaging materials and protective covers from the printer
Step-2: Feed paper
- Draw out the paper tray from the printer and separate the top cover from the tray.
- Arrange the paper, then place them in the tray. Make sure that the paper does not exceed the maximum paper limit mark.
- Replace the tray top cover on the paper tray.
- Insert the paper tray into the printer.
- Extend the paper support and fix it in a position
Step-3: Power up
- Plug the power cord into an electrical wall outlet.
- Then, press the power button on the printer’s control panel.
Step-4: Insert an ink cartridge
- Unfold to open the ink cartridge cover on the right side of the control panel.
- Before using gently, shake an ink cartridge in the horizontal direction.
- Unwrap the cartridge from the packet and pull off the tape covering the metal contacts.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the corresponding slot and release it when the click is heard.
- Place all the other ink cartridges in this same way.
- After it is done, the printer starts charging ink in the system, so wait until it is over.
- Check the printer display for the notification message.
Step-5: Basic printer settings
- On the printer LCD, you can change the date and time settings.
- For that, press the home button and then select the Settings icon.
- Next, choose the Date & Time option.
- Set the Date, Time, and Clock Type. Press on the OK button to confirm.
Step-6: Attach telephone cable
- Raise the scanner cover of the printer.
- Link the telephone wall jack and the LINE port of the Brother printer using a telephone line cord.
- Lower the scanner cover and set the fax settings on the printer control panel.
Step-7: Initial printer setup
- Navigate to the Settings menu on the printer display.
- Open the All Settings option. Set the Language and Fax features.
Brother MFC-J5945DW Driver
The Installation disc with the printer software is provided along with the printer. Another way is to download the printer driver from the official Brother website. The drivers supporting Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS systems are present.Driver Download
Brother MFC-J5945DW Mac driver
- Connect the computer to a network.
- Visit the printer’s website and find the printer model.
- Select the OS Family as Mac and pick the correct version.
- Choose a language and then download the printer driver.
- Open the installer file, which is “Start Here Mac” on the device.
- On the window that pops up, click Open.
- Then, select the connection type and follow the guided procedure to complete the installation.
Brother MFC-J5945DW Driver Windows
For a Windows device, the printer driver can be installed using the below methods;
Insert the CD-ROM in the computer and open the installer file in the CD drive.Proceed with the on-screen instructions to set up the printer software.
On the official website, select Windows as the OS Family then continue the process.Download the driver and run the software file for installing.
Brother MFC-J5945DW Manual
When you purchase the printer, the manual booklets are provided. It can also be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. The user guide, setup guide, and feature guides are present under the Manuals menu in PDF format.Manual Download
Brother MFC-J5945DW Setup
- The router wifi network must be turned on. Connect the computer to the network. check this out if your printer showing offline message
- Keep the printer switched on.
- Open the printer driver on your computer to run the installer file.
- The Brother setup window opens, choose the language of your preference.
- Read the license agreement and then click the checkbox to accept the agreement.
- For Connection Type, select Wireless Network Connection and click Next.
- Now, the printer scans for the available Wi-Fi networks.
- When the network is detected, the Wireless Device Setup Wizard window appears.
- Verify the Wi-Fi network, enter the network password, and confirm the connection.
- For the wireless network setup, choose no for USB cable connection.
- Continue with the guided instructions and finish the setup process.
- If you have already connected a USB cable to the computer or printer, disconnect it.
- Run the printer installer software on the computer.
- Select a language, then read and agree to the license agreement.
- Under the connection type, select Local Connection(USB).
- Now, you have to connect the USB cable linking the printer and the computer.
- Choose the installation type as Standard and continue.
- Complete the software installation.
- To start printing, load some paper into the printer. click here if are not able to Print
- Open the printer application on the computer.
- Go to the Print menu and choose the right printer model name.
- Now, select the Printing Preferences button.
- Under the Basic tab, choose the Media Type such that it matches the paper you have fed.
- Set the paper type, paper size, color mode, orientation, copies, and multiple page categories.
- Also, change the settings in the Advanced tab and click OK.
- Proceed to print using the application.
- Turn on the printer and connect to the network.
- Place the paper for scanning on the scanner glass.
- On the printer display home screen, press the scan icon.
- Navigate and select the right option to choose the required scan option.
- If you are sending the scanned document to the computer, select the computer name.
- To make the scan settings on the printer screen itself, tap on the Options menu.
- Select the desired scan type and make the necessary scan settings.
- Next, press on Start to scan. You can save the settings as a shortcut by selecting Save as Shortcut.
- Feed the paper in the printer for printing.
- Next, place the document that has to be copied.
- On the printer display screen, select the copy icon.
- Set the actual size, paper tray, quality on the display screen.
- Press the Options button to change the paper size and paper type of the paper fed.
- Choose Black Start to copy in black color, if color is required, select Color Start.
- Place the document you have to fax on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- On the printer home screen, select the fax icon.
- For the fax settings, input the fax number and select the caller ID from the address book or Call History.
- Change the quality, scanner glass size, and size of the fax document under Options.
- Tap the Fax Start menu, choose a scan color, and follow the screen instructions to start the scan.
Brother mfc-j5945dw Troubleshooting
- If the paper is jammed in the front side of the printer, switch off the printer.
- Take out the paper tray from the printer.
- Carefully remove the paper that is stuck inside and also clear out the small pieces of the paper.
- Open the jam clear flap and pull out the jammed paper.
- Open the scanner cover if you have to shift the print head switch on the printer and move the print head.
- After that, turn off the printer and remove the paper that is clogged inside the printer.
- Lower the scanner cover, close the jam clear flap, and replace the paper tray into the printer.
- When the printer is not printing, consider these solutions;
- Check the error messages displayed on the printer screen and take action accordingly.
- The ink cartridges in the printer would have expired, so replace the cartridges.
- Using an older version of the printer software can also be the reason for the printer not printing. Update the software installed on the computer. If you still having doubt on Setup Brother MFC-J5945DW, don't hesitate to click the call button available on the screen