Brother MFC-J5945DW Scan To Email
Brother MFC-J5945DW Scan To Email allows you to send scanned data via email directly from your printer. Here we provide the complete setup to confugure it.
Step 1 - Document placement
- On the Brother MFC J5945DW printer, slide the paper guides and place your original document with the printed side facing up in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Once you hear a lock sound, perform the scanning function.
- Do not load documents on the scanner glass if you have placed it in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and vice versa.
Step 2 - Scanning and sending the document as an Email attachment
- To make temporary changes to the scan settings, you can do it using the control panel of the Brother MFC J5945DW printer.
- To change the scan settings permanently, use either the ControlCenter4 or Brother iPrint&Scan software on your system.
- Go to the Brother MFC J5945DW printer’s operation panel, find the Scan button, and press it.
- Use the navigation buttons to select the following options.
- To PC
- To Email
- The Brother MFC J5945DW printer should be connected to your computer over a wired or wireless network.
- Once you select the computer name displayed on the LCD panel of the Brother MFC 5945DW printer, press the OK button.
- If prompted, type a four-digit PIN for the computer.
- To scan the document with default scan settings, press the Start button.
- If you want to change the scan settings, select the Options option, and set your document type as either 2-sided Long Edge Scan or 2-sided Short Edge Scan.
- Select the Scan Settings option followed by the Set at Device option.
- Specify the following scan settings and select the OK option.
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Document Size
- ADF Auto Deskew
- Skip Blank Page
- Remove Background Color. Click here if you have any print quality problem
- The Brother MFC J5945DW printer scans the original document as per the scan settings once you press the Scan button.
- The scanned document is sent to your default email client on your computer as an attachment.
Sending scanned data to an email server
If you want to send the scanned data to an email server, carry out the simple instructions given here.
Configuring Email sending using Web-Based Management
- Navigate to a web browser, enter your Brother MFC J5945DW printer’s IP address in the address bar, and type your password if prompted.
- Go to the Network tab, select the Protocol option on the left panel, and navigate to the SMTP field.
- Under the Advanced Settings section, enable the status of SMTP and configure the SMTP settings.
- Once done, select the Submit option.
- When you see the ‘Test Send Email Configuration’ dialog window, proceed with the guidelines to test the current settings.
- On the operation panel of the Brother MFC J5945DW printer, select the Scan option followed by the To Email Server option.
- To use this feature, you have to enable the Send to My Email feature using Web-Based Management.
- Select the Manual option, type your email address, and press the OK button.
- You can also choose the email address from the address book by selecting the Address Book option.
- Select the Next option for confirmation.
- If needed, change the scan settings by selecting the Options option.
- Press the Start button to send the scanned data to the email server. If you have further queries regarding Brother Mfc-j5945dw Scan To Email Setup, don't hesitate to call our technical team.